It’s that time of year where
It’s that time of year where we get to drive a huge Penske truck, help all of you get rid of furniture that isn’t being used, and get a tax deduction!
On Saturday, April 28th, the Raising Hope Foundation will collect gently-used household furniture/goods and gently-worn clothing to benefit the clients of HomeFront NJ (www.homefrontnj.org). HomeFront’s mission is to end homelessness by harnessing the resources and expertise of the surrounding community. While lessening the immediate pain of homelessness, HomeFront helps families become self-sufficient by providing the skills and opportunities needed to ensure adequate incomes.
Like in years past, we’ll drive around a big moving truck to pick up your donations. The items clogging your basement will go a long way towards helping families in need since many of them arrive to HomeFront’s door with only the clothes on their backs. All items are given to the families for free – nothing is sold – to help them establish a new home. And since HomeFront is a 501(c)3 organization, you can deduct the value of the donated items from your taxes (we’ll supply the donation receipt at pickup).
HomeFront is in need of the following items which must be in clean and working order:
- Boxspring and mattresses with metal frames – twin, double and queen NO King or head and foot boards
- Bunk Beds
- Trundle beds
- Dressers – no bigger than 5 feet across
- Book Shelves – no higher than 5 feet
- End tables
- Coffee tables
- Night stands
- Small kitchen table and chairs (4 to 6 seaters)
- Love Seats and Small sofas – NO pull outs and no sectionals
- Arm Chairs
- TV Stands
- Flat Screen TVs – no TVs with butts
- Small appliances
- Small to medium size microwaves
- Everyday dishes
- Linens, sheets and towels
HomeFront is not accepting the following:
- King size mattresses and box spring
- Head board and foot boards except for bunk beds
- Sofa beds of any kind or size
- large sectionals
- Reclining chair sofas
To schedule a pickup on April 28th, please email the following information by April 21st to Dawn Wyatt at email@example.com. We will be happy to add you to the list of pickups between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
3) Cell phone number
4) Description of items to be donated
5) Best Time for Pick up
For more information about this event, you can also contact Dawn at the same e-mail address above.
Thank you in advance for helping the homeless! We look forward to helping you help the families in need.
All Day (Saturday) EST
We will arrange pick-up with our big moving truck!
Chris DiMedio & Dawn Wyatt firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com